Terms and conditions – Tuition
ID & Age restrictions
Classes are offered as a 1-1 basis as well as 2 person courses as of 2023. Duo lessons are available for a limited number of course types.
Photo ID (drivers license, passport) will be required for all bladesithing bookings. This is to confirm that the person taking the class will be 18 years or older before the start of the class. Failure to provide ID prior to the start of your course will invalidate your booking. No Identification, no booking.
Copies of any ID taken will be kept confidential and stored for our records up to a maximum of 3 years. This is for both insurance purposes and the terms set out within our Knife Dealers License. Further terms can be found on our main Terms and Conditions page.
For students under 18 – please note that lessons dealing with any bladed articles are available on a strictly 18+ basis. Custom courses may be organised to cater for learning around this restriction.
A 50% deposit is to be paid when booking the lesson. Lesson dates will not be confirmed until the deposit is paid.
The full balance should be settled 10 days before your course date.
I am able to offer Gift certificates. These will be printed, customised and posted out to you once the deposit payment has been processed.
These can be used for the specified course at the time of booking, with any relevant cost adjustments for more expensive or cheaper courses than the certificate states, being adjusted with the remaining balance payment.
Gift certificates are available to purchase for part or the full cost of the specified course. These are valid for 1 full year from the date of purchase and must be redeemed before the expiry date. The student must be at least 18 years of age at the time of the booked lesson for any dates involving the creation of a bladed article.
Should you need to cancel over 2 weeks before the start of the course, 15% of the overall course fee is non-refundable. You may wish to defer your booking instead , using the deposit for a future booking. There may be additional charges if the overall course prices increase.
Less than 2 weeks but more than 48 hours before the course date, 30% of the overall fee will be retained but the remaining 70% can be used towards another course date as before.
Less than 48 hours before the course date, 50% of the overall cost will be non-refundable and can not be used towards another booking.
Failure to turn up to either or both days without any prior notice will forefeit your payment in its entirety. Any refunds issued will be entirely at the discretion of Glittering Edge Ltd.
A full refund will be given if we (Glittering Edge Limited) choose to cancel the booking in question. We reserve the right to cancel any bookings if we deem it an appropriate course of action and for any reason. Glittering Edge Ltd. will not be held responsible or liable for any other costs or losses incurred by the client or customer.
Costs & Payment
Lesson costs may change slightly from year to year. The prices that you paid in an earlier year will be honoured unless they are substantially different at the time of rebooking (over £50 in new costs in overheads, however unlikely). You will be offered a full refund for costs paid to this date if you prefer to instead cancel your booking based on this change.
Payments can be made by BACS or card payment – either online or in person within the allotted time-frame.
Payment details will be supplied at the time of booking.
Health, abilities & allergies
Any health conditions as well as allergies should be discussed at the time of booking your course. If you have any specific needs for a teaching environment (differently abled, for example) then let me know. I will do my best to ensure that your learning experience is as safe and comfortable as possible whilst catering to your specific needs.
As standard, a leather apron and work gloves containing leather will be provided during the course for PPE uses.